Having issues with your iPod touch not retaining your Wi-Fi settings? Getting tired of having to enter your Wi-Fi settings every time you want to connect to your network? Irritating, isn’t it? I feel your pain. I argued with this for weeks before I finally found the solution. With a few simple steps, and about 5 minutes of your life, you can put this problem to rest!
First, and probably most important, you need to ensure that your wireless network is secure. If it is not, or if you don’t know what that means, read this post for a quick explanation of WEP and WPA and how to set up a basic network, then this post for more on security. After you have secured network, you are ready to correct the iPod problem.
- Reset your iPod touch.
- Once it starts back up, tap the “Settings” icon.
- Select “General” from the menu.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap the “Reset” button.
- Tap on the “Reset Network Settings” button.
- Next you will see this screen. Tap the “Reset Network Settings” button to confirm.
NOTE: This will reset ALL of your network settings. All saved network information will be lost. If you have network settings on your iPod Touch that you do not wish to lose, you should not proceed.
- Once your iPod touch starts back up, reset it again.
- Reconnect it to your network.
I hope this helped. Have any additional recommendations or a better way to solve the problem? Please leave a comment below.