A spicy dish with a hint of sweetness. Credit for this recipe goes to my wife. One of her specialties! A combination that sounds odd, but is amazing!
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
What you will need:
- 1 lb boneless pork chops
- 2 c rice (uncooked)
- 8 oz salsa or picante sauce
- 4 heaping T peach preserves
- 3-4 T Taco Seasoning
- 2 T vegetable oil
- Cut pork into ½-inch cubes.
- Put vegetable oil in a large frying pan. Tilt pan from side to side until bottom is coated.
- Sprinkle half of the Taco Seasoning onto the oil.
- Add pork and sprinkle remainder of Taco Seasoning on top.
- Prepare the rice according to the instructions on the package so it is cooking while you finish the pork. Generally, it is 2:1 water to rice, bring water to a boil, add rice, and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- When pork is done (no pink visible when you cut a piece in half, pour into a colander to drain excess oil.
- Put pork back into pan. Add salsa and preserves. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- When rice is done, add butter to taste.
- Serve with pork mixture over rice.
- The amount of Taco Seasoning used is up to you. I like to use more, but some say the taco taste is overpowering when more than 4 T is used.
- Try substituting apple jelly for the peach preserves. I like it.